Your participation in postings, pictures, links and your responses to other student's posts will determine your final grade. The goal of this blog is to supplement what has been discussed, read or written in class. Occasionally I will post a query or task with the expectation that you will eagerly respond. The same respect and diplomacy that is expected of you in the classroom extends to blogging space.

Thursday, May 15, 2008

zeros and ones

I was looking for page numbers for the quotes in my essay and noticed something about the page numbers:
all of the 1's are upper case I's and the 0's are lower case o's.
It's the same with the chapters.
Googling it, I didn't really have any results come up.
Anyone care to share some light on this? Or did anyone else notice this?

6 comments:

Stephanie! said...

Maybe it's the font?

Tracy L said...

I don't think so. look at it yourself, and compare to the list of supplys on the boat.
its the same font, but they are both different.

I have a feeling I am reading to much into it, But I figured i would point it out.

Crls Spncr said...

I noticed it earlier, and I really think you are overthinking it.

He probably just thought it would look cool having slightly different fonts.

Or maybe he WANTS you to think about it :O

s.todd said...

Ya, i'd have to agree with stephanie and crls spncr, its probably just the font, and a coincidence that they are the same in form. Good eye though.

Adrian Asphyxia said...

Actually its computer binary because Pi is secretly an android...that is why he doesn't die on the boat duhhh.


Lawl.

angel.wings said...

yeah, it's probably just the font.
or else Yann Martel filled his books with secret codes for his associates so that they know his next move in his plot to take over the world! starting with innocent high school students who are forced to read Life of Pi.