Your participation in postings, pictures, links and your responses to other student's posts will determine your final grade. The goal of this blog is to supplement what has been discussed, read or written in class. Occasionally I will post a query or task with the expectation that you will eagerly respond. The same respect and diplomacy that is expected of you in the classroom extends to blogging space.

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Poetry Cafe

What did everyone think about the poetry cafe today? Did anybody come across any interesting poems? We found a couple of good ones at our table from both the books at the front and from other classmates.

4 comments:

Tracy L said...

I thought it was really well done. The noise level in the room was a touch loud, but i mean, thats how our class is. I think most of the poems from our group were really good, none of them like, majorly stuck me or anything but they were nice to listen to.

The who searching for poems to share has been fairly insiteful to me in way of poetry. I've never really payed much attention or care to it, but i took a few books out from the library and have found some really amazing work in them. I'm actually seeing poetry in a new light now.

Stoney said...

I thought the poetry cafe worked out pretty well, i will say that I was confused about the reading part( but then im always confused it seems). I thought we were reading our poems to the entire class, not just to our small groups. Thats okay though, I think in many cases the discussions were a lot more in depth than had we read them to the entire class, plus it would have taken way to long to hear everone's poems. All in all, it was a fun activity!

s.todd said...

i agree with everyone here, it was an excellent idea and it was very enjoyable, i found a lot of cool and in depth poems, and eveyone's poems in my group were all different but still appealing. I would definately love to do this again.

(next time, perhaps cut the donuts in two so more people get them...)

perez.hilton said...

I enjoyed the poetry cafe. I actually thought we were all individually reading our poems to the class, but I liked the little groups better. I agree that it was sort of hard to hear the reader because of the noise level in the class. My group's feedback to the poems I chose as well as others were pretty good. It's nice to listen to other people's perspectives on poems and interesting to see if it's different from your personal perspective.